12.01.2009

a tardy little thanksgiving post

Dudley and I had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday. We got to spend time at his Granny Ree's in Scooba, MS. Bet no one knows where that is!

We headed down on Wednesday night, and had to leave little Gib at home, but he was well taken care of by his auntie. I had many photo updates and he was happy as can be! We got to spend time with Dudley's cousins that we hadn't seen since our wedding and played many rounds of wii bowling and had some tennis tournaments, too.

We enjoyed delicious food the whole time, of course. We are in Mississippi for crying out loud! The smell of homemade biscuits in the mornings to wake you up can't be beat. They are delicious and t and I could eat the whole pan. I've got to get her to teach me how it's done. She doesn't follow a recipe, that's how good they are.

The night of Thanksgiving we had a weenie roast, apparently it's tradition at Granny Ree's. My favorite part was this...


I love s'mores. They are so delicious.

I'm thankful for so many things in this life, but T and I discussed how this year it was so much easier to be thankful for the little things in life.

So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in Him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. - Col 2:6-7

Christmas is right around the corner and we are full speed ahead with decorations. I love the holidays, and I'm so thankful to be able to spend them with T and our new little pup.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i loved staying with Gibby!!!!!!!! I wish he and Red could get along and be trusted so they could play together as cousin-pet children