3.05.2012

apple crisp for 2

Last week I was doing baked potatoes for T and I, and some kind of apple dessert came to mind and all of a sudden I was craving hot apple crisp.

I just simply googled "2 serving apple crisp" and just clicked on the first result.  I found the best, easiest, quickest recipe for single serving apple crisp for 2 people.  Prefect.

Recipe here, but I made a few additions/changes so here's what I did:

1 large granny smith apple
1/3 cup flour
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup oats
pinch of salt
1/4 tsp cinnamon
dash of fresh nutmeg
3 T butter

1. Slice up apples and slice off peeling.  Separate slices evenly between 2 creme brulee dishes (we got ours at Lit if you live in Memphis).  Squeeze a little lemon juice over apples to prevent browning.  I put mine in fridge while I mixed up topping and finished dinner prep.

2. Put flour, sugar, oats, salt, cinnamon & nutmeg in a bowl.  Cube up butter and blend into dry mixture.  I found it easy to just do this with my hands to help soften the butter.

3. Cover each dish of apples with the topping mixture.

4.  Set the two dishes on a baking sheet in case overflow occurs.

5. Bake at 375 for 30-35 minutes.  Top with ice cream, cool whip, whipped cream... whatever you prefer!

T had a nice sized dollop of whipped cream

T said this might be his favorite dessert in the whole world.  It was so yummy and an easy dessert for the 2 of us!

1 comment:

Mandi said...

Looks like I've found something else to rotate with brownie-in-a-mug!