8.26.2009

you're gonna have to face it you're addicted to love

I don't know why I titled that. Maybe because I had to unfortunately hear it this morning on the radio, and it is just one of those songs that sticks in your head. GET OUT PLEASE!

Last weekend while Grandma and Aunt Melissa were here, we did a lot of eating and shopping. We ate at Davis Kidd Thursday night, Muddy's for lunch Friday, The Beauty Shop for dinner Friday night, Brother Juniper's for breakfast Saturday, lunch at BYB Saturday, home cooked meal at Long Leaf Saturday night, and the lunch Sundee at Patrick's. Yes, way too much eating out, but it was all so very tasty, thanks mom, grandma, and aunt melissa for some yummy food and great laughs. Grandma has the best laugh.

Saturday we spent about 2-3 hours in Sheffields Antique Mall in Collierville. Dudley and I were looking for the following items:

Little desk for the kitchen
New console/cabinet for the TV
Buffet for dining room
Dining room table
Kitchen table
New (smaller) coffee table
Rug
Any other cool things

(these are just some of the items we are looking for, not necessarily going to buy all at once. we haven't won the lottery or anything).

These are the things we found at Sheffield's:

my new little cute red desk for the kitchen, any suggestions on a little chair that would be cute?



this was aunt melissa's doing. Can you guess what it is? A lamp will be on top of there someday.



I also got those metal milk crates you see underneath.



Then we ventured out to find a rug for the den. I had found one I loved online, but it irked Dudley to order a rug online. He google Memphis rug stores, and found Rug & Roll. It's in the back of Fred Remmer's for all you Memphians who have gotten their rugs cleaned. Tdud went there Friday on his way home from work and scoped it out. He said there were a few he thought I would like. We came home with this beauty. I am in love with it.



I also picked up a few Fire King pieces. I love finding this stuff at antique stores. It might now be my collecting item and my mom actually as a few of her own to share with me!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

everything is so PERFECT! it was a very productive weekend. I can't decide which of the three main items I love best!

Margie said...

Love, Love, Love!

Linnae said...

one day i will have a house that looks just like yours =)

Unknown said...

We did have such fun!! I hope Grandma and Aunt Melissa come back to see us!!

Stephanie Sabbe said...

get this fakie (word?) for your desk: http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Garrick-Mesh-Side-Chair-with-Leatherette-Seat-Pad/2615328/product.html

I want it, but I can't have it. I wouldn't even have anywhere to put it.