3.29.2010

shower for baby davis

On Saturday, Leslie, Mandi, Stacey and I hosted a baby shower for our fellow Bridgebuilder, Hayley Davis. She and her husband Kelby aren't finding out the gender of the baby, so everything was neutral, which I loved. This shindig was at the ole Fiesta house, and it was a grand ol' time. I'll show you things through these photos.

Sis took these for me as I was trying to finish up last minute things and put on makeup, so thanks for that, and then we weren't very good at take photos with actual people in them, or even Hayley. [Oh well, we are trying to get better.]

All the food was delicious, Leslie and Mandi did a great job preparing the edibles. Stacey and I supplied the beverages. You can read about Leslie's food adventures here.

My first time to use that awesome wood tiered server. Thanks to Whole Foods for those nice flowers, and I got lucky and forsythia bloomed in my backyard so I just snipped a few sprigs to add to the flowers.


We wanted to have decor that Hayley could take home and use. Laura made that cute Baby Davis banner using fabric that Hayley used in the nursery. I hope she finds a good spot for it!


Good eats...



Good sweets...



Some drinks...


I made her a sweet little onesie with a 'd' on it for baby Davis using her nursery fabric. Hung that on the door and then she got to take it with her.



More forsythia!


Sitting on the coffee table were some little bottles and canisters filled with cotton balls and baby qtips for her to enjoy as well.

We really did have a swell time meeting Hayley's family and chatting with fellow friends. It was a beautiful day outside and I hope to host more fun showers in the future!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

i had such a good time!

but let's not go into business, m'kay?

Margie said...

Looks great!

Martha said...

Nope. No business here. Just for fun/friends.

The Davis Daily said...

Yes, everything was awesome. I might have to get you to get me a picture of the baby davis banner and the onsie. I think those were the only things I don't have a by themselves shot of.

The food was delicious and we are still enjoying our little sweet plate.

Loved every bit of it!

Elisabeth said...

Everything looked great Marth! I love y'alls house!

Mandi said...

Such fun, Martha! Oh, that onesie. Too cute. Gonna need one :)

Hilary Dow Ward said...

Martha-love your green pottery pieces near your coffee maker! Who made those? Are they Agnes Stark?

Amy said...

What a cute shower! Loved the cupcakes!