7.06.2009

America the beautiful

We had a wonderful 4th of July weekend! We had Friday off, so Dudley and I worked at our house, and even though it feels like we aren't getting closer at all, we really are. Everything is really coming along and our house looks like a brand new house. I can't wait to post some new updated pictures!

Like I said before, 4th of July is my dad's favorite holiday of the year. We had our 17th annual parade in their neighborhood. We made awesome tshirts.



The parade starts out with a float. My sweet husband was instructed to pull the float. :)





They even have a neighborhood queen every year, elected by my mom.



Then a firetruck comes and pulls up the rear of the parade



and then shoots water out for the kids. They all love it!



They added games for the kids this year instead of a moon bounce. This brought on a dunk tank.



Mom and Dad's concert band played some classic America tunes in the street.







We enjoyed hamburgers and hotdogs cooked on a huge grill in the street.



Leslie and I sold some of our handmade items at the "craft fair."







She won the dessert contest with her scrumptious strawberry blueberry pie.



The neighborhood gave my dad an Uncle Sam award, and also gave my mom "Mrs. Uncle Sam." It was a priceless moment. Dudley captured this picture. I told you this was his favorite holiday. Look at the joy on his face!



We had a great time that morning.



The Turmans, Humbers, (now) Carters, Jerkins, Guinns had their annual 4th cookout, kickball, fireworks. Our kickball game this year was intense and seemed to last 2 hours. I didn't get any pictures of our festivities, but it was a perfect 4th celebration. Wonderful food, homemade ice cream, cake, watermelon. Everything that says 4th of July, we had it. I hope everyone had as much fun as we did on the 4th, I don't know if it could be beat!


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Great post, marth! it was truly an American day!

Linnae said...

can i be adopted into your family? love it!

Mandi said...

I didn't know Pam had her own band too! Your parents are hilarious and deserve every bit of their award! Glad you guys had so much fun!