One Year

What a weekend! It was our anniversary weekend this past weekend [Nov 15], and we had a lot planned. The Lotts with their friends came to stay with us and go to the Ole Miss vs. UT game. Hotty Toddy! It was so fun spending time with them and meeting their sweet friends.

Dudley joined them at the game, but I stayed here to attend a wedding for some of our friends from reach group/church. Congrats to the Midyetts, glad we can share a similar wedding weekend!

We had some great plans for Sunday. We were going to spend the day playing with Gibson outside, go on a walk, go eat dinner at one of our favorite places, Do, and then enjoy eating our cake. Sounds awesome, right?!

These plans changed in an instant. I'm waiting in line for food at the reception and my phone rings. It is a number I don't know [which I usually don't answer], but it was a (662) area code so I did. "Martha, it's Tim. Don't freak out. Dudley has gotten sick and we are at the ER."


How can I stay calm? Dudley thought he was crazy and told me not to come. Yeah right! My sweet sister took me home from the reception and stayed with Gibson until the Lotts got back to our house from Oxford. I headed down there immediately, still not really knowing what's going on with T.

When I got to the ER he was getting up and leaving, so we headed to his parents for the night. He didn't really know what was going on, and they didn't really find anything wrong with him. He felt nauseous, had a terrible headache, his body was tingling and hands were shaking. He said he felt like he was dying. [Let me just say that T doesn't go to the doctor, doesn't like needles, he just brushes sickness off usually and just treks through the pain. I knew it was serious if he told his parents to take him to the ER.]

So yes, we spent the night before our anniversary at his parents. A little change of plans.

Dudley slept for about 12 hours, and I woke him up to see how he was doing. He said he thought he could get up so we could go home. He got up, but instantly felt worse. He slept late into the afternoon, and finally I just said, let's get in the car. You'll probably feel better when we get home. He did it! He got in the car and made it all the way home.

We took it easy the rest of the night, but he did seem to perk up a little more once we got home. It sure was an anniversary to remember! He wanted me to tell this story so everyone would know why he is looking so tired in the photo below.

I wanted to share some of our favorite photos from Nov. 15, 2008. The best day of my [our] life!

[photo courtesy Aaron Snow Photography]

[photo courtesy Aaron Snow Photography]

[photo courtesy Aaron Snow Photography]

[photo courtesy Aaron Snow Photography]

Dudley felt just good enough to enjoy a small slice of our cake. It was wrapped very well because it [surprisingly] tasted so good. It's weird to think about cake that's been frozen for a year. You don't know what to expect, but our cake was so tasty!

All wrapped up...

Lots of saran wrap...

Here is a little reminder of what the cake looked like last year. Beautiful fall cake with perfect leaves falling down the sides.
[photo courtesy Aaron Snow Photography]

It immediately smelled wonderful and sugary, and there she was, in perfect form with 2 leaves still in tact.
My sweet husband got me "paper" tickets to Rain: A Tribute to the Beatles at the Orpheum in January. We played hangman for me to discover what it was. I made him a silhouette of a wedding photo.
It was such a special first year for us. We have already done so much together, and I can't wait to share so much more with him in the future.
Here is our 1 year photo.
I love you, T.


LeslieJ said...

oh man...what a crazy day. I'm glad T made it back in one piece.

And I'll stay with Gibby any time you need :)

Margie said...

Happy 1 year!!!!

Aaron said...

Congratulations to you both! I will never forget your amazing wedding and how it has developed into an awesome friendship!