5.08.2009

strawberry fields forever

I got to work this morning and found this yummy treat on my desk...




















Thanks, Suzanne, for bringing me some delicious looking locally grown strawberries. I love me some strawberries, and this is the time to get some good ones. I want to go to the farmer's market downtown soon, but it seems my Saturdays so far have been too busy. I just enjoyed a big and scrumptious juicy strawberry. MMMMMmmmmm delicious. Maybe soon I'll get some from the FM and then enjoy some good angel food cake.

We have been working on the house some, but last weekend was so productive. We stripped down all wallpaper, took out the built-ins (quite the feat), pulled out all boxwoods, washed walls, painted ceilings, and enjoyed being in our home. Dudley is back at it this weekend (and following week while not working), and this time he'll be ripping down the back roof over the patio. Should be a good time!

I have been helping my mom plan a graduation "chic" picnic she is throwing for a few of her seniors from Mock Trial. It should be a good time on Saturday, and I'm hoping for the rain to hold off. Sunday we will enjoy a nice mother's day with family. Will post update photos soon!

2 comments:

Jesse Faris said...

Luuuuuv me some Farmers' Market! It is a Saturday tradition! (If you go, make sure to pick up some salad greens--so yummy and mine have stayed fresh all week!)

Linnae said...

how did the little gifts turn out?!