1.15.2013

the new me

Glasses.  I always wanted them, but never needed them.  T and everyone in my immediate family wears them.  My dad didn't need glasses until he was 50, so I figured I would follow in his footsteps and not wear them for years.

Recently I noticed while reading and using computer (what we do ALLLL day) that I was straining my eyes to read, and then when I looked up I'd have to readjust to focus my eyes for distance vision.  Who knows how long I've been doing this, but I hadn't been to see an eye doctor in, oh, maybe 15 years?  So I thought, maybe it's time for a vision test... But I can see!

I finally went.  Read the chart like a champ, and then he began to test my up close vision and things were a tad bit blurry.  Oops!  He said it was time for some reading and computer glasses.  I said, "but my dad didn't need them until he was 50! Surely I'm the same?"  He said that my dad probably NEEDED them way before that time.  So here I am, joining the rest of my family in the glasses party.  At least glasses are cool, right?  Jonathan, looks like you're next!

If you follow me on instagram, you've already seen this photo.
My good friend CindiLou helped me pick out these glasses and I'm liking them!
I'm now the lady who puts on her glasses to read, and then takes them off to look up. 
:)

2 comments:

mary-kathryn herrington said...

aww, those are cute! i love a girl in glasses!

wfayew said...

I just got glasses, too. Except I put them on to see far away and take them off to read. Love those frames.